The Pride of Workmanship is a Vocational Service Program instigated by the Rotary Club of Pennant Hills in 1975 and has been successfully hosted by the Rotary Club of Blacktown City for many years.
The objectives of the program
- To promote Vocational Service
- To encourage pride of workmanship in all vocations
- To provide employers with an opportunity to recognise employees who display those qualities which are worthy of an award
- To encourage favourable employer/employee relationships and a sense of community pride in individual achievement
- To provide an opportunity for Rotary to be involved in the community, particularly the business community.
Pride of Workmanship the sense of responsibility to do a job well, to strive for excellence of service is one of the greatest intangible resources yet to be recognised in our working community.
Successful nominees are presented with a certificate at a ceremony, in recognition of their achievements. Employers and family members are invited to attend the ceremony. A citation is read for each awardee, publicly acknowledging the recipient’s excellence and qualities worthy of such an award.