Rotaract is a global organisation that provides opportunities for young adults to enhance their knowledge and skills through personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities, whilst promoting better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.
Rotaract empower students and young professionals to create positive change in their local communities and around the world. Rotaract provides unique opportunities that assist its members in becoming the business and professional leaders of tomorrow.
Rotaract (which stands for Rotary in Action) is a Rotary-partnered service club for young people aged 18 to 30. Sponsored by Rotary International, Rotaract Clubs across Australia are part of a worldwide organisation of 250,792 individuals in 10,904 clubs covering 184 countries.
Rotaract Goals are to:
- Develop professional and leadership skills of their members
- Emphasise respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual
- Recognise the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve
- Recognise, practice and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the local and international community
- Provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill to all people
- The Rotary Club of Blacktown City is keen to explore possibilities, working with like-minded people, to foster a Rotaract Club in our area.
The Rotary Club of Blacktown City is keen to explore possibilities, working with like-minded people, to foster a Rotaract Club in our area.